Saturday, November 12, 2011

Logger Pro Tutorials post 1

I have now completed the LoggerPro Tutorials(All 12 of them). I wanted to learn LoggerPro because I have been finding out that it is an extremely useful technology. The teacher that I am doing my practicum with uses Logger Pro a lot and I wanted to learn more about it myself.
Things that I have learned through the tutorials

  • When wanting to edit a box, make sure to uncheck the box allowing editing in the column details. I learned this after not being successful for around 5 minutes. 
  • I have a lot of control on the aesthetics of LoggerPro and can customize it my style. 
  • I like the option of using autoarrange. It is a neat tool that will take the items on the screen and organize them in a neat fashion. Yes, I am capable of doing it myself, but it's cool that the program has that feature.
  • I like the ability of changing the values on the axis by clicking on the graph and then on the range.
  • One of my favorite features is the examine button because it allows one to easily observe the different values on the graph. 
  • Likewise, the statistics feature is quite powerful. It can give a lot of meaning to your data.
  • I was pleasantly surprised when I learned that I could make columns that get values by doing a function of another column. This could be used to find a rate or other items. 
  • Logger Pro is also really powerful when it comes to doing curve fits and linear fits. 
  • Another feature that is really fun to play with is the video analysis tool. I could use this tool to analyze the motion of an object in motion during a sporting event such as the flight of a baseball of the bat. 
ScreenShot of the Video Analysis of a basketball toss with curve fits on the graphs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment