Saturday, November 12, 2011

Logger Pro Blog Questions post 3

As you can tell, I decided to break up my posts in order to keep them somewhat manageable. In this post, I will answer the questions that have been posed.

  • What did you learn about probes and sensors?
    • I have learned that there is a great deal that can learned by using probes and sensors. It blows my mind the amount of sensors that are available all the way from force sensors, optical sensors, motion detectors, thermal probes and electrical to name a few. I am just starting to gain lean of the options. I also have learned that they extremely accurate and very user friendly. For example the force plate makes the elevator lab much simpler. It records the data in a very easy to view format whereas if you had to use a regular scale, you have to be quick to catch the values because of the fluctuations that can occur. 
  • What did you learn about Logger Pro? How would you use this technology in the classroom?
    • Logger Pro is a very powerful tool. It is extremely useful in analyzing data. I think that curve fit feature is very useful. As I worked with my teacher in my practicum class, we have used Logger Pro a few times to have students take data and find the curve fit. By doing this, students are able to determine how something is related to another item. This is an activity that I would use frequently in my classroom. 
  • Which probes and sensors did you feel would be most valuable to you? Why?
    • Simply put, all of them! It depends on what I am trying to teach that day, but all of the sensors/probes have very valuable uses. One of the first things that I want in my classroom would be a set of LabQuest's and computers with LoggerPro. This allows me to give the students experiments and have them work with the data to discover things on their own. It is amazing the things that they can discover when given an inquiry based lab and equipment to discover with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment